Post Written By: Michael Frazier Jr.
The centenary edition of the Aston Martin vanquish celebrates their 100th anniversary. The celebration of the anniversary will be all year long. Why not start the year with a special edition Vanquish of which only 100 will be produced.
Here is what Aston Martin has covered over that past century!
- There have been 10 different versions of the iconic Aston Martin badge. The current version was introduced in 2003
- The Aston Martin wings badge has its origins in ancient Egypt – derived from the open wings of the scarab beetle
- In 100 years Aston Martin has produced just over 60,000 sports cars.
- It is accurately estimated that more than 90% of all Aston Martins built are still in existence
- Aston Martin has manufactured cars from seven locations in the past 100 years
- Aston Martin’s global headquarters at Gaydon, the company’s first purpose-built home, celebrates its tenth anniversary in 2013
- The Aston Martin Owners Club was founded in 1935 at The Grafton Hotel, London
- The now sold-out One-77 hypercar is Aston Martin’s most exclusive, powerful and expensive production model to date ($1.4 million)
- It took 2,700 man hours to produce each One-77
- The painting process for the current Aston Martin range takes between 50 and 70 hours per car