Jazzfest has finally arrived. Here’s what you need to know about tickets, how to get there, what you can and can’t bring, and more.
New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
11 a.m.-7 p.m. April 25-28 & May 2-5
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, 1751 Gentilly Blvd.
• Single-day tickets cost $75 in advance, $85 at the gate. Tickets for Thursdays, April 25 and May 2, are available at the gate on those days for $50 to patrons with a valid Louisiana photo ID (limited to two per person).
• A child’s ticket costs $5 (available at the gate only; ages 2-10; adult must accompany child).
• Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.comand by calling (800) 745-3000. Tickets can be purchased in advance in person at the Smoothie King Center box office. Advance purchase-priced tickets for the first weekend are available through April 24. Second weekend advance tickets are available through May 1. All Jazz Fest tickets are subject to additional service fees and handling charges.
• VIP ticket information is available at www.nojazzfest.com.
• Re-entry to the Fair Grounds is allowed only with a WWOZ Brass Pass, Foundation Gala Pass and Big Chief, Grand Marshal and Krewe of Jazz Fest VIP passes.
• There are taxi stands at Stallings Playground (1600 block of Gentilly Boulevard and Alcee Fortier Park (3100 block of Esplanade Avenue).
• Gray Line operates continuous round-trip transportation to the festival from the Sheraton Hotel (500 Canal St.), Steamboat Natchez Dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River) and New Orleans City Park (Wisner Boulevard at Filmore Avenue) from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for $22 from downtown or $16 from City Park. A one-way ticket from the festival to downtown is $11. For more information call (504) 569-1401 or (800) 233-2628 or visit www.graylineneworleans.com/all/seasonal/jazz-fest-express.
• Bicycle parking is available near the Gentilly Boulevard and Sauvage Street entrances.
Jazz Fest permits:
• Small bags and backpacks (17 by 12 by 10 inches) and 12-pack soft coolers
• Single, collapsible chairs
• Wheelchairs and medical scooters
• Push strollers for children
• Blankets and small tarps not exceeding 6 by 8 feet
• Factory-sealed water (up to 1 liter)
• Hand-held, personal-sized umbrellas
Jazz Fest prohibits:
• Large or hard-sided coolers and soft or rolling coolers larger than 12-pack size
• Rolling bags
• Wagons and carts
• Personal tents
Source: The Gambit